Monday, June 22, 2009

It's been a while...

I can hardly believe it: It has been over a month since my last post! I do have an excuse, though. I had a total hysterectomy on June 11th. You know how it is, you have something major like this in your life, and you have to get everything prepared so that when you are off of your feet, everyone else's life won't be disrupted. That seems to be what I do, anyway. I am always trying to make sure that those around me have what they need. I don't want the people around me to need me, you understand. I don't think that creating relationships based on a sense of neediness is healthy at all. On the other hand, I do like to have relationships in which the people in my life are supported such that they can do what they need to do.

So, despite going in for major surgery, I set up Bible studies and a tea for our Pastor's sweet wife, Monica, and made sure that the kids had what they needed for mission trip and camp. God bless my parents, my husband, and my sweet women's ministry leaders--everyone just took care of what they were supposed to. So far, everything seems to have gone off without a hitch (if you'd like to see pictures of the tea, visit the Heart 2 Heart website listed in the links section on the right.).

The nicest blessing of this surgery has been the relationships that have grown through my anxiety about the surgery and my needing help. My friend, Michele, often reminds me that she has the gift of helps and that she is blessed when she is given the opportunity to help. She was so sweet before my surgery. She said, "Now am I going to have to call you to ask if you need help, or are you going to tell me now what you need?" How could I say no to that? You know what, I let her help me, and she was blessed. Not just me and my family, but she was blessed, as well. I feel the same way when I am given the opportunity to serve someone. I just love feeling useful. When I know that someone needs help, and I can provide it, I feel purposeful. I appreciate the trust that it requires when someone asks for help, and I honor that.

I have friends that are so good to call, e-mail me, and send me cards of encouragement. It has been a real comfort to know that men and women have been lifting me up to the Lord and are praying for my healing. It is always encouraging to know that I am being prayed for, and I never underestimate the power of prayer.

Thank you to all of my dear sweet friends and prayer warriors who have supported me through this process. I feel so blessed to have you in my life, and pray God's richest blessings on you all.

In Christ,

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you're doing well after your surgery. And please come back & visit me again. So nice to meet you, I love meeting other women of faith.

    ReplyDelete