Thursday, October 1, 2009

Though the Mountains Be Shaken



I just got back from the mountains of Northern California/Nevada.  My husband and I, along with friends from church, went to Lake Tahoe for a few days.  We enjoyed the time away from the daily routine, and enjoyed seeing the sights of the area.  In my lifetime thus far, I have had very few opportunities to visit the mountainous regions of the great country in which we live.  I'll admit that driving up into the mountains was intimidating, but I enjoyed my time there nonetheless.

I couldn't help but think of words of the Lord in Isaiah 54:10: 
" 'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the LORD, who has compassion on you."

Though those beautiful, mighty mountains could fall into dust, God's love will never fail and He will never remove His covenant of peace from me.  I am so glad.

Praise His Holy and Precious Name,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment