Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bluebonnets and hopscotch

Despite the threat of rain in the forecast, it has been bright and sunny this afternoon.  My bluebonnets are blooming, and Lily and I decided to play some hopscotch out front. 
As you can see, Lily had a ball!

Lily will be starting Kindergarten in the fall, which means that our days of fun together will be shortened considerably.  I have enjoyed being at home with all of our children, and am curious to see what God has in store for me as our youngest child begins her education in the public school.  God is good, and I am certain that He has big plans for me.  In the meantime, I am remembering to "consider the lilies" as Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:25-32.  Each day has enough trouble, and so there is no use worrying about what will happen months ahead.  I find that this phase of my life requires great patience.  I am learning to wait on the Lord, and to focus on each day and the joys and tasks that each one brings.  Those who know me well know that I am a big planner.  I am notorious for scheduling.  These days, I find that I am scheduling minimally.  I am learning to trust God for each day, and to plan only as much as necessary.  The more I plan ahead, the more I discern that I am attempting to control the circumstances of my life.  This "letting go" is very alien to me.  However, a dear friend tells me that this surrender to God will bear much fruit in my life.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Psalm 3:5-6

May God's richest blessings flow over you,

Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment