Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Spring!


The first day of spring here in The Colony brought with it cold, wind, and snow.  Today, though, it is sunny and in the 60's.  I love this time of year with its promise of sunshine and blooms.  Examining my garden this afternoon, I noticed that the roses and blackberry vines are putting on new growth, and the peach trees are blooming.  The fragrance of the peach tree blossoms is lovely, and I especially love that they hold the promise of fruit in the summer.  Honestly, I've planted blackberries and peaches in the yard because I so love the cobblers that I make with the fruit.  Mmmmm....just thinking of them makes my mouth water!

Last week, just before spring break, I planted bluebonnets in my front beds.  When those are blooming, I will post pictures.  I think this weekend I'll work on my vegetable beds.  I am determined to get some tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries out this year.  My husband is going to build me a new raised bed that I intend to fill with purple hull peas and okra. 

I hope that you're enjoying the beautiful weather, and I hope that it reminds you of the Creator who spoke all things into being with His powerful Word. 

May God's richest blessings flow over you,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment