Sunday, March 29, 2009

Show Me You Love Me, Lord

On Monday, I asked God to show me that He loved me. On Tuesday, I felt His love. It covered me in a warm embrace and I have sensed it everyday this week since. I felt God's love on Tuesday in the smiles and laughter of the little children that I teach at MDO. In a busy, busy week, God has showered me with affection through the blessings of fellowship with others, through unexpected blessings, through mercy and provision, and through the opportunity to serve Him. Yes, I did say that God showed me His love through my service to Him.

I am constantly in awe that the Creator of the Universe would allow me, an imperfect, hot-tempered gal, to serve Him. God knows what I struggle with. He knows when I am disobedient and hard-headed and, yet, He loves me still. And, He allows me to represent Him in service when I have no right to. He lets me love on little children and minister to parents. He lets me be a shoulder for a hurting woman to cry on. He lets me read His Word with understanding, and then He lets me--Me!--teach His Word to others. Best of all, He lets me serve Him moment by moment as a stay-home Mom.

And, as if this were not enough, the Most High God gives me so much: Four beautiful, healthy children. A husband who loves and supports me and who does an excellent imitation of Grover from Sesame Street. Great parents. A pretty cool brother, who happens to be married to the sweetest lady. Nephews and a niece. Friends--oh, my goodness--such wonderful friends! God has blessed me with health and talent, and a love for others that can only come from Him. There is no way that I am capable of loving people the way that I do without Him. I could write a book about all of the things that I am thankful for. Suffice it to say, that God is far better to me than I deserve. Thank you, Lord.

Driving home from Rocket Car Challenge at church this evening, I felt God's love again. It had been a great day, and the sun was shining gloriously. Every person I passed smiled at me as I drove the streets on the way home. That in itself is a rare thing. I knew that those smiles were from God!

Blessings and peace to you,

Jennifer

Psalm 147:1: "Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

2 comments:

  1. I must find a way to get you on Praising God Being Blessed Radio. We can do pretaped call in. What you have to say needs to be heard.
    Woman of God I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michael. Where can I hear your radio program?

    ReplyDelete