Monday, August 31, 2009

The Khorasani Turks

I am about one third of the way through my 30 days of prayer for Muslim people.  If you are just now reading my posts, I posted how this began here.  Today, I am surprised by how praying for Muslim people groups has awakened my heart to concern for groups of people as yet unreached by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is sad to think that there are places, such as Mashhad in Iran, where simply being a Christian will guarantee a death sentence.

Today's prayer focus is for the Khorasani Turks, a people group living in the northern part of the Khorasan province (northwest of Mashhad).  You may have heard of the Khorasani, as they are known for their exquisite woven rugs, cloth, and carpets.  The Khorasani Turks are 100% Muslim.  Presently, there are no Gospel resources in their own language and no specific effort to implant believing congregations among them.

Pray that God will open doors for Christian businessmen and others to share Christ with the Khorasani Turks.  Ask God to raise up qualified linguists to translate the Bible into the Khorasani language.

Blessings and peace be upon you,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment