Monday, August 24, 2009

Bless this day, Lord

Today is the first day of school for my oldest three children. My husband took our youngest son to first grade and I took the older two boys to high school and middle school. Afterwards, we called each other to report how our drop-offs had gone. Long before the boys entered the doors of their schools, I was praying for God to bless their first day. So far, so good.

No matter what day it is, I begin each day with prayer. I have specific verses that I claim for my husband, and I ask God to bless him with wisdom and discernment for the decisions he will make that day. For my children, I pray for blessings and for safety, for obedient hearts, for wisdom, and for them to glorify God by their actions. I pray for the concerns of my own heart, for the concerns that I know weigh heavy on the hearts of those dear to me, and for specific things that my friends share with me--job interviews, surgeries, etc. I think that it is important to dedicate each day to God and to center my focus on Him. I think that prayer is the most important aspect of my ministry to my family: Interceding on their behalf.

As we continue our 30 days of prayer for Muslims (to see my beginning post on this topic, go here), pray today for Muslim understanding of Jesus' divinity. Jesus is more than a prophet; He is the Son of God. Muslims object to this title, as they believe it refers to God having sexual relations with Mary. Pray that Muslims have a biblical understanding of this title. Also, be in prayer for the Guhayna people, a Muslim people group that are currently not being reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Blessings and peace,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment