Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pleasing to the Eye


Yesterday,  I met up with my friend, Nichole.  We have known each other since we were seven and eight.  We spent the afternoon in Southlake Town Square, eating, shopping, and catching up.  I took a few pictures of the little popcorn and candy shop where we picked up some gourmet popcorn.  I got dill pickle flavor, a spicy jalapeno ranch, and some fruity popcorn for the kids.  Nichole got an oreo flavor and another sweet kind I can't remember. 





The shop is called Le Popcorn, and the window displays were very inviting.  I admit, I love candy stores.  I can't resist them.  Nichole shares my affinity for sweets, and so we were both hooked. 

Apparently, we are all created to be drawn to that which is pleasing to the eye.  In Genesis 2:9, Scripture says that "And the Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground--trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food."  From the beginning, God made the food that would nourish and sustain us to be pleasing to the eye.  Perhaps candy is not our sustenance, but it certainly is nice to look at.  In the same way that fruit trees and sweet things please our senses, may our countenance, words, and behavior be pleasing to those around us.  Most especially, may they be pleasing to the Lord!

On this New Year's Eve, as we look to the year ahead and make plans, consider resolving to be pleasing--in our countenance, our words, and in our actions.

Happy New Year!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment